Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How this started

I'm the PR Chair for the Seattle Direct Marketing Association, as such emails that go to info@sdma.org get forwarded to my email address.

A few days before the election, I received an email from a woman named Nadine who was irate about getting billed for coffee.

I replied cordially and she responded, rather incongruously, with a comment in favor of McCain.

Thus began a compelling dialogue and insight into the thinking of a 57-year-old Iowa woman and a 41-year-old Washingtonian.

I have to confess to being less than honest with her as I initially pretended to not know who I was going to vote for. I have also embellished certain facts to make a rhetorical point. Also, I'm publishing this exchange without her knowledge. For all of these things I feel guilty. A bit.

No comments: