Saturday, November 8, 2008

From Sue to Jeff, cc: Cynthia

Big kisses to you, you old sweetie. I will respect your qualms.

Good luck with the pitch. Could be a great TV show, a real life time capsule of what the country is going through right now. Can you get me and Steve a ticket to the opening night preview? Do they do that for TV shows? Maybe you should go for a movie. No tragic endings though. They make me cry.

Sue

PS: I know this is harsh, and she has had more than her share of difficulties, and she is a sweetie. But remember, life is a series of choices of how you handle the good and the bad, and her choices got her to where she is today. I don’t know that feeling sorry is called for as much as feeling empathy. She is only 5 years older than me, and 4 years younger than my husband, but she seems 20 years older than either of us. Pursue the relationship, but she doesn’t need pity. She needs a friend. Perhaps you can help open her mind to the larger world.

No comments: