Thursday, November 6, 2008

From Jeff to Nadine

Hi Nadine,
I have to admit, the content of this email was not what I expected based on the subject line.
I thought you might be forwarding me information about chicanery at polling stations, or some such.

It looks like Obama has this locked up. Iowa might even go in his favor.

The important thing I think we need to remember out of all this is that we're all Americans. Through the course of our exchanges I've become more aware of what it must be like living in a state like Iowa and getting news from people like Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. It's hard to understand all of this country. I've traveled a bit through the states, but I have to admit most of my time has been on the west coast where there are different demographics and a different outlook than yours, or at least what I can presume to know from your emails.

Either way, the next four years are going to be hard. Hard for ordinary citizens and hard for our leaders, I think one thing that could make an economic recovery more easy is everyone getting behind our elected leaders. I don't know how people like you and I can help do that, but i do think we (you and I) have made inroads in that direction.

Take care and have a good night.

-Jeff

No comments: